From:
Jeff Bilsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Bilsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:22:36 -0400
Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed report; last night I visited Burnet Woods after work
to see what I could find. A notable lack of warblers but I did pick up a
singing WOOD THRUSH. Being new to the East, this was the first time I've
heard one singing. While nothing will ever quite equal to me the first
Swainson's Thrush of the year singing in the mountains of Utah, the Wood
Thrush certainly provides an ethereal chill to the forest. I'll take it.

Good Birding.

Burnet Woods, Hamilton, US-OH
Apr 28, 2015 5:45 PM - 6:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
15 species

Turkey Vulture  5
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  4
Chimney Swift  4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1     <iframe src="
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffbilsky/16693003514/player/" width="500"
height="375" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Downy Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  3
Carolina Chickadee  3
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  4
Wood Thrush  1     <iframe src="
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffbilsky/17127671348/in/photostream/player/"
width="500" height="375" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Brown Thrasher  1
European Starling  3
Song Sparrow  2
White-throated Sparrow  1