From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 08:49:46 -0400
Yesterday's Sandusky Register ran photos of dumpsters crammed with dead
birds being hauled away across from Turning Point Island. This is the
only one of several Ohio Lake Erie sites where cormorants are being shot
that's visible to landlubbers. The article offers a link to protests
from Canadian groups. As far as I know, no Ohio ornithologists or
birders have made public any protests. Of course the scientists rely on
the DOW for funds, and the birders already have Phalocrocorax auritus on
their precious lists.
The article's at
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/news/environment/7914861  and it offers
a link to some Canadian protests.