From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 11:10:39 -0400
We had a very birdy 2 mile walk at Letha House Park in western Medina
County this morning. We went to see if the Yellow-breasted Chats we had
previously found were still there and were not disappointed. The best new
find was a Blue-winged Warbler in nesting habitat. Several hawks, a Sora
calling, and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo all made it a very pleasant walk.

We hiked the horse trail and the woods trail on the east side of the park.
The Chat was on the back side of the field on the horse trail. The
Blue-winged Warbler was on the edge of the field on the woods trail.

Complete checklist below for those interested.

Ken Ostermiller
Westfield Center

​eBird Checklist Summary for: May 27, 2015

Number of Checklists: 1
Number of Taxa: 39

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Letha House Park
Date: May 27, 2015, 8:30 AM

9 Canada Goose -- (1)
2 Mallard -- (1)
1 Green Heron -- (1)
2 Turkey Vulture -- (1)
1 Cooper's Hawk -- (1)
2 Red-shouldered Hawk -- (1)
2 Red-tailed Hawk -- (1)
1 Sora -- (1)
1 Yellow-billed Cuckoo -- (1)
1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird -- (1)
3 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (1)
3 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) -- (1)
2 Acadian Flycatcher -- (1)
11 Willow Flycatcher -- (1)
1 Red-eyed Vireo -- (1)
1 Blue Jay -- (1)
2 American Crow -- (1)
14 Tree Swallow -- (1)
1 Barn Swallow -- (1)
5 House Wren -- (1)
1 Marsh Wren -- (1)
1 Eastern Bluebird -- (1)
1 American Robin -- (1)
6 Gray Catbird -- (1)
16 European Starling -- (1)
4 Cedar Waxwing -- (1)
1 Blue-winged Warbler -- (1)
9 Common Yellowthroat -- (1)
18 Yellow Warbler -- (1)
1 Yellow-breasted Chat -- (1)
10 Eastern Towhee -- (1)
4 Field Sparrow -- (1)
10 Song Sparrow -- (1)
2 Swamp Sparrow -- (1)
7 Northern Cardinal -- (1)
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak -- (1)
25 Red-winged Blackbird -- (1)
3 Baltimore Oriole -- (1)
4 American Goldfinch -- (1)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.​