From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2015 18:56:23 -0400
​The spring bird migration continues to move into and through Ohio. The
south winds brought our first good wave of migrants and many took advantage
as the spring polar vortex has move away. This morning we walked at River
Styx Park in Medina County and found 34 bird species including 7 warbler
species and our first of season Acadian Flycatcher.

Back at home a Pine Siskin has visited the thistle feeder and our first of
season Ruby-throated Hummingbird has appeared, a male apparently guarding
the hummingbird feeder I put up a few days ago. Maybe he is one of "our"
hummingbirds back for the nesting season. We also had our first Gray
Catbirds in the yard and a Red-eyed Vireo singing in front of the house.

Ken Ostermiller

Westfield Center

Medina County
​