From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2015 14:40:36 -0400
Not as many birds today and some of the uncommon warblers were missing.  It was still a great day with lots of birds moving.  Of note were sedge wren at the south end of the property, both black and yellow-billed cuckoos, and yellow-breasted chat.  The were very few Baltimore orioles flying overhead today, but they were common in the trees.  Today there were more eastern kingbirds migrating overhead and still a lot of blue jays.  I counted over 1400 and for an hour and a half I was in the south end of the property where you didn't see them.  we also had an egret fly by
Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark, Lake, US-OH
May 8, 2015 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.2 mile(s)
99 species

Canada Goose 9
Mallard 6
Red-breasted Merganser 32
Wild Turkey 2
Common Loon 1
Double-crested Cormorant 67
Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 1
Turkey Vulture 142
Sharp-shinned Hawk 3
Bald Eagle 3
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Killdeer 2
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Solitary Sandpiper 1
Wilson's Snipe 2
American Woodcock 1
Bonaparte's Gull 3
Ring-billed Gull 175
Herring Gull 41
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Black-billed Cuckoo 1 Two others reported
Chimney Swift 14
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 8
Downy Woodpecker 11
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 6
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Acadian Flycatcher 1
Willow Flycatcher 4 There is considerable breeding habitat at this location
Least Flycatcher 7
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Eastern Kingbird 12
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 9
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 1450 Birds were constantly flying east in large groups. The number would have been much larger except we were at the south end of the property for over an hour and the blue jays stay consistently near the lake.
American Crow 7
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 75
Purple Martin 7
Tree Swallow 22
Bank Swallow 340
Barn Swallow 24
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 3
Sedge Wren 1 1 heard and seen at the south end of the property
Carolina Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Eastern Bluebird 1
Veery 2
Swainson's Thrush 3
Wood Thrush 7
American Robin 41
Gray Catbird 105 Catbirds were heard and seen constantly along the trail and in the southern end of the property. This number is conservative
Brown Thrasher 7
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 61
Cedar Waxwing 2