From:
Paul Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2015 09:29:58 -0400
From various locations in Mohican State Park and Mohican State Forest

May 4 2015 Clear Fork Mohican River
Scarlet Tanager (pair)American Crows
Turkey Vultures
Louisiana Waterthrush (2)
Eastern Phoebe
Black & White Warbler
Yellow Warbler Northern Rough Winged Swallow (nesting under covered bridge over Clear Fork)
Pileated Woodpecker (6)
Downy Woodpecker
Red Bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
White Breasted Nuthatch
Wood Thrush
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Robin
Cardinal
Blue Jay

 Tiger Swallowtail (2)
American Toad
Fox Squirrels
Gray Squirrel
Chipmunks

White Trillium Virginia Bluebell
Skunk CabbagePeriwinklesBluets
 May 5 2015 Pleasant Hill Lake
- vicinity of Mohican Lodge
Chipping SparrowsRed Bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker (2 foraging on the ground)
Eastern Bluebird
Goldfinch
Blue JayCardinal
Starling (1)
Cowbird
Canada Geese
White Tail Deer
Fox Squirrel
Gray Squirrel
Chipmunk

May 5 2015   Discovery Forest (Research forest)  Black Throated Green WarblerOvenbirds (3)Hooded WarblerRed Tailed HawkEastern Phoebe (male & female)Blue JayPileated WoodpeckerAmerican CrowsTufted TitmouseWhite Breasted NuthatchRock Pigeon May 5 2014 Hog Hollow Ravine Trail Louisiana WaterthrushEastern Phoebe Bullfrog
May 6 2015  Pleasant Hill Lake - vicinity of Mohican Lodge Bald Eagle (immature)OspreyTurkey VulturesChipping SparrowsBlue-Gray Gnatcatcher (pair)Chestnut-Sided WarblerGreat Blue HeronAmerican CrowsCarolina Wren (2)Hairy WoodpeckerMourning DoveBlue JayCardinalRobinRed Bellied WoodpeckerTree SwallowsCarolina ChickadeeNorthern FlickerRed Headed WoodpeckerCanada GeeseGreat Crested FlycatcherPine Warbler Here's the best part:I was watching the Northern Flicker on the underside of a limb and noticed another bird on the backside of the same limb opposite of the Flicker.  I figured I had a pair of Flickers working.  Then the Flicker flew away and the Red Headed Woodpecker popped up over the top of the limb so I got to watch it for a little bit.  What a treat.
May 7 Mohican State Forest
Red Wing BlackbirdsWild Turkey
Paul GrahamWorthington