From:
Jay Pitocchelli <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Pitocchelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2015 17:47:17 -0400
Citizens Science Project – Mourning Warbler Song Mapper

I am posting an opportunity to participate in a Citizens Science Project
that involves recording migrating Mourning Warbler songs.  I am trying to
determine the nature of migratory pathways taken by different populations
of Mourning Warbler males during their spring migration using the
signatures of their songs.  The pattern of geographic variation in song on
the breeding range is well known.  However, we do not know how members of
these different song populations migrate towards their respective breeding
areas.  I plan on collecting your recordings and plotting them on a map of
North America to determine where birds with different song types
(regiolects) separate from each other during spring migration.

All you need is a Smartphone and a singing Mourning Warbler.  You can send
the recordings to my e-mail address ([log in to unmask]).  The web page
link below describes the project and how to make recordings on your
Smartphone in more detail.

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/jpitocch/ornithology/MOWAmapper/MOWASongmapper.html

I would really appreciate your help and contributions to this Citizens
Science Project.

Dr. Jay Pitocchelli

Biology Department

Saint Anselm College