From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2015 07:58:13 -0400
I ask everyone! No more posts to this listserv regarding The East Beach issue! I totally agree with what Jen has said. The previous post she referred to was totally off track. A completely different issue. The intent of my message about East Beach was more about making people aware of the situation, than to create a forum for venting one's thoughts. I apologize for opening this can of worms. It needs to be addressed with The Ohio Division Of Wildlife in a professional manner. Before ending this issue on OHIO-BIRDS, I do believe this well written excerpt, one of many to me personally, from a Michigan birder who usually attends The Magee event for three or four days, somewhat tells the impact of what an incident like this can do to attendance and what feelings can be when comparing with other birding venues. THE END.

Bob Lane

Hi Bob

I too am very disappointed with the closure of the east beach bushes... in
fact, I was heading to Magee today until I read about that, and decided to
go elsewhere instead. I think the ODOW is not necessarily the most birder
friendly DOW in the US..
For Spring Migration around here, in my opinion, the other side of the lake
offers a lot (Pelee area) and they handle birders in a much more friendly
way at Point Pelee, going way out of their way to provide posted seasonal
(season = bird migration) trails through habitat like Magee East Beach..
there's tons more room to bird in general.. and they have a great
information board and huge map showing the past 2-days sightings all at the
visitor centre by the main parking lot, near the tip. I'll be heading back
there in the next few days!

Great to see you both again, and looking forward to seeing you next year..
but not too sure how much time I will be spending around Magee during next
year's big week..

Best wishes and safe travels