From:
Stefan Minnig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Minnig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2015 13:46:21 -0400
I first spotted this bird incidentally on Friday at Spring Lakes Park in Greene County, Ohio. I took photos; one is at: http://www.whatbird.com/forum/index.php?/topic/135632-connecticut-warbler-confirm/. I apologize that you need to have an account to see the actual bird, but you can read the commentary, confirming the species at the very least.
Today I went back and played the call with no success, however, after backtracking the trail in the direction to the vehicle, I heard it calling for several minutes—around 12:45pm—close to the trail. I didn't get a visual, but I did get an auditory recording.
To best explain its location, walk from the parking lot towards the ponds. About two-thirds though the first pond, a trail will lead off to the left, down along the creek. Follow that path—sorry, it gets a little muddy—until the path makes a hard right. About 20 feet after making the right turn, there is a grassy meadow on the inside of the trail. This is where I spotted the bird initially. I heard the bird today on the outside of the trail, same location.
Best of success!