Date:
Tue, 19 May 2015 17:23:35 -0400
It's tough for those of us who have less flexibility in our schedules. I have to block out birding time weeks in advance and it rarely lines up with good weather and bird movement.

I made two trips to Magee and Metzger~an even 100 miles door to door~and thankfully both were good days. Dike 14 was marginal and now that it's warmer, the ticks there are problematic. I live near Shaker Lakes and that hasn't been great in recent years either. The best local birding I had was at Lakeview Cemetery, and the day that there was a Swainson's thrush, black-throated blue and Magnolia in my yard.

It distresses me that other folks are seeing this decline as well. I hope it's just that we're unlucky, rather than the more ominous possibilities.

Deborah Smith
Cleveland Heights