From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2015 21:25:37 -0400
:-D I had over 139 species for Lucas County this month, and 154 species for
this migration period.  I was at Magee and Metzger marshes for about 5-6
times, and Oak Openings twice.

My observations are as follows.

Everything from the first wave was delayed about one to two weeks due to
the weather systems in late April/early May.

The second wave was close to on time, but it was mixed with the first
wave.

The third wave (female warblers and Flycatchers) is here now.

What is down in my observation is the amount of mayflies...once it does
warm up, the amount will be unbearable on the lake I have a feeling.

The weather did have a major factor in numbers and people seeing what
birds, the week had better diversity and numbers, then a system would come
through blowing everything to Canada just in time for the Big Sit...which
we had an above average 98, but no where near the record 112...would have
had 100 if the Whip-por-will and Pelicans had behaved. :-D

Anyhew, that is my observations.

Happy birding and God bless,

Steve J