From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 2015 17:33:20 -0400
I was at Conneaut Harbor this morning from around 10:00-12:30.  When I got
there I only saw a couple common terns.  While I was there the number
swelled to about 70.  When I left a lot had taken off and there were about
30 left.  I saw no other tern but common terns.  There were a lot of terns
coming and going so it's probably a good idea to check them all out.

There were a few shorebirds moving through the area.  A few hung around a
little bit, but most stopped briefly if at all.  The highlight was 14
whimbrels that passed directly overhead.  They never even slowed down and
quickly disappeared heading west.  Also of note was a single white-rumped
sandpiper.  Shorebirds found were:

Black-bellied plover 1

Killdeer   2

Semipalmated plover   4