From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2015 11:51:01 -0400

Here's a list of what was seen at the Bluffs this morning.  Most of the migrant warblers were females.  A Canada and a Wilson's were heard.  Of note were northern harrier and peregrine falcon at the west end of the property.  Also a singing dickcissel in the same area.  At the south end of the area marsh wren, savannah sparrow, and bobolinks were heard.  We did not hear the grasshopper sparrows.
Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark--Lane Rd., Lake, Ohio, US
May 29, 2015 7:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
4.7 mile(s)
Comments: I covered the Bluffs trail west of Lane Road and checked the furthest areas west and south west of Lane Road.
82 species
Canada Goose 7
Mallard 2
Double-crested Cormorant 3
Great Blue Heron 2
Green Heron 2
Turkey Vulture 22
Northern Harrier 1 Adult female flew by at the west end of the property.
Cooper's Hawk 1
Bald Eagle 2
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Semipalmated Plover 2 Two flew overhead calling
Spotted Sandpiper 2
American Woodcock 1
Ring-billed Gull 26
Herring Gull 7
Mourning Dove 2
Black-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 9
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 4
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 5
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 6
American Kestrel 1
Peregrine Falcon 1 Immature sitting on a smoke stack just west of the property.
Olive-sided Flycatcher 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 6
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 1
Acadian Flycatcher 1
Alder Flycatcher 3
Willow Flycatcher 12
Least Flycatcher 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 9
Eastern Kingbird 14
Warbling Vireo 7
Red-eyed Vireo 8
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 2
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 58
Purple Martin 7
Tree Swallow 6
Bank Swallow 420
Barn Swallow 4
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 6
Marsh Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Veery 7
Swainson's Thrush 3
Wood Thrush 4
American Robin 19
Gray Catbird 58
Brown Thrasher 2
European Starling 28
Cedar Waxwing 645
Common Yellowthroat 17
American Redstart 12
Magnolia Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 128
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Canada Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 2
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Eastern Towhee 6
Chipping Sparrow 2
Field Sparrow 5
Savannah Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 22
Swamp Sparrow 3
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 24
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 7
Indigo Bunting 4
Dickcissel 1 Singing on a small grassland at the west end of the property.
Bobolink 4
Red-winged Blackbird 45
Eastern Meadowlark 1
Common Grackle 23