From:
Laura Peskin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Peskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2015 21:45:11 -0400
Sorry to hear our listserv is going the way of the dodo.  I checked out the
FB page, even though I really don't care for some of the self-promoters who
have had a hand in running it.  These are some of the same people who have
brought a crush of out-of-state tourists to Magee for 10 days every May,
ensuring that Ohioans cannot fully use the parks and preserves we pay for.
Also how about just the birds ma'am on the FB page ?  The Hogans Heroes
humor can go as well as all the extraneous material unless one has the time
and inclination to camp on a FB bird page instead of birding for real.

And a good point that other commentator made that I would like to elaborate
on:  Siala is the OHIOBIRDS for all 50 states and beyond.  OHIOBIRDS fits
into this scheme nicely.  No such organization to the chaotic social media
world.

Thirdly ohiobirds has become a space to describe unusual bird behavior.
I've learned much on here lately.

Laura