From:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2015 06:55:40 -0400
I've been enjoying White Throated Sparrow's  song and watching them at
the feeder, lately feeling a litle sad because I knew  the day was
coming soon I wouldn't hear them anymore.  When they leave I'm down to
just pretty much zillions of House Sparrows, a couple Cardinals and Blue
Jays.  Sitting outside yesterday I still had a couple.
This morning (3 May) I'm not hearing any.

I did a little birding of a local patch yesterday. Heard more than I saw
but I'm not good at voice ID.   In addition to the acrobatic
Goldfinches, anxious looking Bluebirds, intense RWWB's etc. I saw 2 Palm
Warblers and 1 Yellow Warbler.  Orchard Oriole.  Several Vireo's of unk
type including one bird that I thought looked like a big baby Vireo.  Is
that possible?  1 Greenback Heron.  I watched a Pied bill Grebe
struggle with a fish too large for it to eat.  On once side of the
marshy pond in all the willow sticks I saw 2 male Wood ducks with a
female.  45 min later on the other side I saw tiny 3 ducklings hard up
by the edge of the pond all by themselves, no adults anywhere.  Usually
there are more and they are with a mother.  Not sure what happened but
hope they connect with a female.

Marie, Dayton area

Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 15:13:48 -0700 From: Dillon Nott
<[log in to unmask]> Subject: WC Sparrow Still seeing 2 WhiteCrowned
Sparrows at grandmas feeders. Shouldn't they be long gone?