From:
Regina Schieltz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regina Schieltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 2015 11:55:29 -0400
This morning about 9:30 am, I found a sandpiper that was larger than the
semipalmated sandpipers it was with.  I almost looked like a pectoral, but
wasn't.  THe streaking on breast stopped abruptly, but higher than a
pectoral's.  The rest of the breast and belly was very white with some
small streaking long the sides.   The bill was thicker and longer than the
semipalmateds's bills.  It also fed out further in a little deeper water.
It also seemed to have a little brown in the wing and back-not solid, but
almost spots?

This is just southeast of Greenville just west of 127 on Sebring-Warner
Road.  There is an electric power station at the first bend about 1/4 mile
from 127.  The sky ponds are right there.  to see these sandpipers, though,
I had to stop on the road.