From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2015 10:04:33 -0400
I worked the area of the Alum Creek greenbelt in east Columbus from Innis Park south to Mock Park, and had a fairly good fallout of Neotropical migrants.  Numbers were patchy, but the diversity was pretty good for this urban corridor.  The list for about 1.5 hour included:

flycatchers - not much yet, but did have 1 Great Crested and 2 E.Kingbirds, along with the resident E.Phoebes
Swallows - Tree, Barn, Rough-winged
Vireos - lots of Warbling (this is a riparian corridor mostly), 1 Blue-headed, 1-2 Red-eyed
Wrens,Gnatcatchers - abundant House Wrens & Gnatcatchers, with 10-12 of each
Thrushes - Wood (2), Swainson's (2), Hermit
Mimids - Gray Catbirds (numerous), Mockingbird
Cedar Waxwings - a pair, the first I've seen this Spring
Warblers - 13 species, but mostly Yellow-rumped (50+).  Also had Parula (3), Nashville(4), Tennessee, Yellow (4), Blue-winged, Yellow-throated (5), Blackburnian, Bl.thr.Green (5), Palm (4), Prohtonotary, N.Waterthrush, ComYellowthroat
Orioles - several male Baltimores (4), along with a territorial Orchard
Sparrows - small flocks of White-throated, along with the resident Song, Field, & Chipping
Others - Scarlet Tanagers (2), Indigo Bunting (1-2)