From:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2015 09:35:28 -0400
It seems like all the birds arrived together, Sunday and
this Monday morning.

Unusual for my yard, a pair of Red Headed Woodpeckers,
that paused to look at the old snag tree, and made a pass at
mating.  (I’ve never had them nest here, and assume they are
part of the movement of these birds in the last days.)

Also, a first Baltimore Oriole joined the Orchard Orioles, singing
from the tops of the trees.  Yellow warblers, Eastern Kingbirds
(already checking out last year’s nest site on the power line towers)
and a Scarlet Tanager and Wood Thrush loudly announcing their
arrival from the woods edge.

Inga Schmidt
Chagrin River Road geauga co at the cuyahoga count line