From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2015 19:32:13 -0400
Wow! What a Day!

72 species for the Magee boardwalk area.  Closer to 80-85 for the day when
you include Metzger Marsh.  Still compiling everything, but the best so far
was the last bird I had. #20 Warbler Species for the day.   A Lifer
Golden-Winged Warbler...So close I had to back up. :-D (I thought I had it
already, but I was thinking about something else. :-) )  My thanks to
whomever let me know that it was on the beach.  definitely a highlight of
the trip.

If anyone sees a Orange-crowned Warbler on the boardwalk tomorrow...come
get me and drag me over to it. :-D  It is the only warbler I need that is
normally found in Ohio.  I know there are more in fall, but I would like to
get a spring one. :-D

Another highlight was getting fresh batteries from my La Rue Sherpas,  (aka
the AP Biology class that happened to go by my house so they picked up my
spare battery that I left behind by accident. :-D )  and hearing that they
had an awesome day as well...I still beat them though. :-D

A few pics of the Golden-winged Warbler can be found here.:

http://www.sjlarue.com/p918720900/h44E1787C#h44e1787c

I'll post a list of everything on eBird, but needless to say, a lot of a
lot of birds were here today. :-D

Happy Birding, and God Bless!

Steve J