From:
Beverly Neubauer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beverly Neubauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2015 16:07:22 -0400
Wednesday, May 6 - 8:30 to 12 noon

We've been visited by 2 male rose-breasted grosbeaks at our safflower
feeder and a bay breasted warbler in our locust tree this morning.  The
ruby-throated hummingbirds --male and female--have been busy at our
feeders.  Quite a treat!

We also had the pleasure of seeing and talking with Paul Knoop in
Aullwood's prairie.  Here's a list of some of our sightings (the secretary
may have missed listing a few):

Englewood East Metropark and Aullwood Gardens:

Northern parulas
Warbling vireos
Baltimore orioles
Great-crested flycatchers
House wrens
Indigo buntings
Carolina wrens
Louisiana waterthrushes
Common yellowthroats
Red-eyed vireos
Rose-breasted grosbeak - female
Black-throated green warbler
Blue-gray gnatcatchers
Chipping and field sparrows
Yellow-rumped warbler
Eastern phoebes
Prothonotary warbler
Bluejay
Northern cardinals
Palm warblers
Ruddy ducks - pair at the lake
DC cormorants
Turkey vultures
Mourning doves
Tufted titmice
Wood ducks
Canada geese
Solitary sp

Happy birding,
Ed and Bev Neubauer, Kathi Groves, Monte Mercer