From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2015 21:39:28 -0400
I visited 2 spots in the Westerville area today.  This morning I spent a half hour in Boyer Preserve, a small pond with fringing woodland in the middle of suburban housing tracts.  Later in the day I stopped at Sharon Woods MetroPark, where I hiked the Thomas trail and looped around Shrock Lake.  No huge fallout, but diversity was good, including:

Red-headed Woodpecker - an adult was at Sharon Woods, one of a spate of urban records the past week (Blacklick, Blendon)
Flycatchers - Gr.Crested at SharonWoods, E.Phoebes at both places
Swallows - only Tree & Barn, but they were abundant
Vireos - nothing but Warbling, but they were common
Wrens,Gnatcatchers - House Wrens & Gnatcatchers continue to be abundant
Thrushes - several Wood Thrushes & Swainsons at both locations
Mimids - Catbirds abundant at both sites; Sharon Woods had a Brown Thrasher
Warblers - Yellow-rumped still the commonest, by far (I had 25+ in 1 hour at Sharon Woods), but also had Yellow, Nashville (4), Tennessee, Chesnut-sided (3), Magnolia, Black-thr.Green, Yellow-throated, Blackburnians (2), Blackpoll (FOS), Palm (6), Redstart, N.Waterthrush, Com.Yellowthroat
Sparrows - along with expected Field-Chipping-Song were small groups of White-throateds, plus a few White-crowned (at SW)
Orioles - Baltimores were common, with 3 at Boyer and 6 at Sharon Woods
Finches - 2 Pine Siskins were at Boyer, while a singing Purple Finch graced the Spring Creek picnic area at Sharon Woods