From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2015 05:57:03 -0400
I hope this is easier to read.  Here are the final totals from today at the
Lake Erie Bluffs. For directions to the park, go to lakemetroparks.com.

Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark, Lake, US-OH
May 7, 2015 7:00 AM - 1:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.7 mile(s)
116 species

Canada Goose 8
Mallard 7
Lesser Scaup 2
Bufflehead 1
Red-breasted Merganser 54
Wild Turkey 4
Common Loon 1
Horned Grebe 1
Double-crested Cormorant 19
American Bittern 1
Great Blue Heron 4
Turkey Vulture 61
Sharp-shinned Hawk 7
Bald Eagle 3
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
American Golden-Plover 31 Flew low heading east. Its the first spring flock
of American golden plovers I've seen in Lake County
Killdeer 1
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Solitary Sandpiper 2
Wilson's Snipe 1
American Woodcock 1
Bonaparte's Gull 22
Ring-billed Gull 245
Herring Gull 28
Great Black-backed Gull 1
Caspian Tern 8
Common Tern 4
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 1
Mourning Dove 3
Great Horned Owl 1
Chimney Swift 6
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 4
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-headed Woodpecker 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 9
Downy Woodpecker 14
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 11
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Merlin 1
Acadian Flycatcher 2
Willow Flycatcher 3 Singing and heard
Least Flycatcher 5
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Eastern Kingbird 2
White-eyed Vireo 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 6
Red-eyed Vireo 5
Blue Jay 2300 Flocks of up to 300 seen through 11:30 along the shoreline
American Crow 5
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 80
Purple Martin 6
Tree Swallow 9
Bank Swallow 350
Barn Swallow 24
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 7
Carolina Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 5
Eastern Bluebird 2
Veery 5
Swainson's Thrush 7
Wood Thrush 8
American Robin 38
Gray Catbird 110 Catbirds were abundant with close to 30 in one area feeding
on sumac. The number reported is a conservative estimate. They could be
heard continuously throughout the trail.
Brown Thrasher 11
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 35
Northern Waterthrush 3
Blue-winged Warbler 3
Golden-winged Warbler 1 adult male seen and heard
Black-and-white Warbler 2
Prothonotary Warbler 1
Nashville Warbler 7
Mourning Warbler 1 one male seen and heard
Common Yellowthroat 39
American Redstart 12
Cape May Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 170 170 is a very conservative estimate. They were even in
the wooded areas. there were so many, it was hard to get a good count. They
were everywhere
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Palm Warbler 11
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 26
Yellow-throated Warbler 1 One heard and seen
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 2
Eastern Towhee 3
Chipping Sparrow 16
Field Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 45
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Swamp Sparrow 4
White-throated Sparrow 16
White-crowned Sparrow 7
Dark-eyed Junco 1
Scarlet Tanager 2
Northern Cardinal 39
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 46
Indigo Bunting 2
Bobolink 6
Red-winged Blackbird 58
Rusty Blackbird 2
Common Grackle 42
Brown-headed Cowbird 48
Orchard Oriole 14
Baltimore Oriole 92 Most were overhead migrating east
House Finch 2
Purple Finch 3
Pine Siskin 16
American Goldfinch 175