OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2015

From:
Jeff Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2015 19:05:21 +0000
Today, I was lucky to be the last person to sign up for Bob Lane's birding excursion. Bob once again proved to be a knowledgeable and capable leader. He lead a group of over 20 birders to see some remarkable bird sightings.
We all were able to observe 8 Barn Owlets and an adult in an amish barn. The same barn also held two American Kestrel chicks. From there we were led on a tour of the amish countryside. Black and Turkey Vultures were seen.  At various stops, we observed Grasshopper Sparrows, Orchard Orioles, flycatchers and some birders even got life Carolina Chickadees to name a few.
Robert Hershberger and all the volunteers are to be commended for putting on such a great event. The fling continues on Saturday. Get there early to sign up for one of the free field trips. You won't be disappointed.
Finally, I stopped at a road side stand was able to buy beautiful strawberries for $3.00 a quart.
It doesn't get much better than this.
Jeff HarveyMahoning County