OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2015

From:
Stefan Gleissberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Gleissberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 16:48:09 +0200
Plan to join Athens Area Birders for a guided bird walk this weekend!

Sunday, 14 June 2015
Southeast Ohio Breeding Birds
Time: 7:00 am
Location: Athens Public Library, 30 Home Street, Athens, OH 45701

We meet to carpool to State Forest lands. We will visit varied habitats (meadows, edges, and woods) to look for nesting birds. We should find a variety of warblers, flycatchers, and sparrows, using our EARs and our eyes. Plan on roadside birding and some easy walking. Steady rain will cancel, but mist or very light drizzle won’t. Guide: Janet Duerr, joined by Steven Schafer.

Free but limited to 15 participants. Please bring your binoculars. For questions and to register, email [log in to unmask] with the subject “Spring Walk”; a confirmation will be sent back to you.

The Bird Walk series is an effort of the Athens Area Birders, an email list that exists to share bird-related observations in Athens, Ohio and surrounding south-east Ohio counties (Meigs, Vinton, Hocking, Perry, Morgan, Washington). The group also serves to promote bird-related events such as bird counts and bird walks.For more information, email [log in to unmask]

Best birding,

Stefan
==

Stefan Gleissberg