OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2015

From:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2015 07:41:16 -0700
Well, it's been awhile since I've been on listserv, and with 70+ emails to
read, this past May and June has been decent.

As the tree swallows finished nesting, and man, I never knew Tree Swallows
could be such pricks. 😅
The swallow box is on a post on our wiffleball field, and ever time we'd
play wiffleball, the pair would be very aggressive toward everyone. Dive
bombing even when we were no where close to the box. The laid 5 eggs, but I
couldn't check the box because of the dive bombing, but yesterday I saw 3
swallow with the parents. And haven't seen them since

The bluebirds finally got in shape. After the 1 egg in 1 box and 1 egg in
another box, both eggs vanished. And about 2 weeks later they laid 5 eggs.
And I went out this morning to see 4 new born hatchlings and 1 egg to go.

Many Juvenile Eagles at Indian lake lately, also many herons, kingbirds,
yellow warblers, and red wing blackbirds. But no sights of Osprey beside 1
at the boat beach.

House and Gold Finches have been very popular at the feeders lately. Also
been having many Juvenile cardinals, grackles, starlings, h.sparrows and
cowbirds and robins around the yard.
Baltimore Orioles have a nest in a large oak, unknown eggs/hatchlings.