OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2015

From:
Lori Brumbaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Brumbaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2015 09:25:42 -0400
I took friend Claire Johnson to Carroll County birding the last 2/3 days for her birthday.  Needless to say we stayed wet and storms cut into our birding. We found a total of 55 species on Fargo Road, including fledgling Cliff Swallows all the road waiting to be fed. We heard the blue grosbeak,  henslow sparrow, chat and orchard oriole. The rest we actually saw included the bobolinks, grasshopper and savannah sparrows and the dickcissels. One could easily spent the entire day there. We spent the rest of the time on Pebble Road at my uncle's place where we added three more species to this year's list: redstart, Kentucky Warbler and Cerulean Warbler. The Cerulean has never been found nesting there. We finally found the Orchard Oriole's best in a sycamore tree 40-50 feet high, much higher than the expected height of 20 feet or less.
Lori Brumbaugh
Claire Johnson
Cuyahoga County

Sent from my iPhone