OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2015

From:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:09:04 -0400
Hi All,

This is just a quick reminder to hold-the-date for the third annual Ohio Avian Research Conference.

This year's conference will be  once again hosted by Denison University in Granville, Ohio, and will be held on Saturday, October 17th.  The conference is supported by the American Ornithologist's Union (AOU), US Fish & Wildlife Service, and The Nature Conservancy--Ohio.  http://tuckercasey.wix.com/aacri-birds#!oarc2015/c1wpg

Our keynote speaker is Dr. Jay Mager of Ohio Northern University who will be speaking about his work with Common Loon vocalizations and territorial behaviors.

Mr. Matt Shumar, Coordinator of Ohio's 2nd Breeding Bird Atlas, will be presenting some of the results from that project, and discussing how you can order a copy of your own.

On-line registration for the conference will open in September.  You can view information from last year's conference here: http://tuckercasey.wix.com/aacri-birds#!oarc2014/cd8o

I look forward to seeing you in October.

Kind Regards,

Casey Tucker
Adjunct Instructor
Environmental Science/Biology