OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2015

From:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2015 10:06:24 -0400
This and other conferences sound wonderful.  However I have never seen
another type of conference/seminar/workship that I would love to
attend.  More focused on habitat, habitat needs, how to help birds
basically.  We study them a lot.  We know they are in trouble, along
with the earth
and everything else on it.  What I need is more on what to do about it.

v,r

Marie S
Dayton OH

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:09:04 -0400 From: Casey Tucker
<[log in to unmask]> Subject: Reminder--Ohio Avian Research
Conference Hi All, This is just a quick reminder to hold-the-date for
the third annual Ohio Avian Research Conference. This year's conference
will be  once again hosted by Denison University in Granville, Ohio, and
will be held on Saturday, October 17th.  The conference is supported by
the American Ornithologist's Union (AOU), US Fish & Wildlife Service,
and The Nature Conservancy--Ohio.
  http://tuckercasey.wix.com/aacri-birds#!oarc2015/c1wpg Our keynote
speaker is Dr. Jay Mager of Ohio Northern University who will be
speaking about his work with Common Loon vocalizations and territorial
behaviors. Mr. Matt Shumar, Coordinator of Ohio's 2nd Breeding Bird
Atlas, will be presenting some of the results from that project, and
discussing how you can order a copy of your own. On-line registration
for the conference will open in September.  You can view information
from last year's conference
here: http://tuckercasey.wix.com/aacri-birds#!oarc2014/cd8o I look
forward to seeing you in October. Kind Regards, Casey Tucker Adjunct
Instructor Environmental Science/Biology Central Ohio Technical College
Director--American Avian Conservation & Research Institute
http://tuckercasey.wix.com/aacri-birds [log in to unmask] _