OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2015

From:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:23:24 -0400
A surprisingly good afternoon at LaDue Reservoir.  First Wes Hatch
found one Baird’s Sandpiper right near the boat launch area, and then we
noticed two ruddy turnstones along the shore edge. Both in nonbreeding
plumage so we have a total of at least three at LaDue in the last week.

Then, not visible from the parking lot, walking in along the shore line
Wes saw a breeding plumage black belllied plover. Just beautiful!

Otherwise, of note semipalmated plovers, least and semi palm sandpipers, solitary and
spotted sandpipers.  Oh, and a couple of common terns.

Inga Schmidt