OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2015

From:
Robert Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:30:21 -0400
From my perspective on Flint Ridge in far western Muskingum County, I first
noticed nighthawk two nights ago, August 29. There were at least eight
swooping around the treetops of one of our three forested ravines close to
dusk. These are not tremendous numbers, but they did make me smile. I was
otherwise occupied last night, but I will check it out again tonight, to
see if they are present, and in what numbers.

Bob Evans
Geologist, etc.
Hopewell Township, Muskingum County