OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2015

From:
Jeff Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2015 17:17:06 +0000
The peat ponds along Wilderness Rd are producing good numbers of shorebirds. I had 11 species this morning and more have been reported early this afternoon.
The habitat is great and should be a magnet in the coming weeks.
A few highlights included:2 Baird's Sandpipers,1 Short-billed Dowitcher, 23 Sandhill Cranes fly over, and 23 Great Egrets including one with green tags on both wings.
You could spend the day watching birds come and go from the comfort of your vehicle.
Jeff HarveyMahoning County