OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2015

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2015 18:51:32 -0700
I went to East Harbor today after 9am but could only find migrants near the beach at the east end of the park.  At the south end of the beach parking lot near the wooden wetland trail sign was a flurry of activity when I arrived at 9:45.  Had many Blackpolls 15, black-n-white 1, magnolia 3, yellow-rumped 2, northern parula 3, cape may 2, blackburnian 1, black-throated green 1, Philadelphia video 1, few Swainson's thrush and many grackles.  But I moved on walking south crossed the boardwalk thru the marsh and walked to the north end of the dried up marsh where there is a turn around woods but did not find anything there then just two phoebes.  I walked around to where I started and everything was gone by 10:45.  Then I left the park and returned from 2:25 to 3:25 to the wetland trail leading past the entrance to the boardwalk where you walk west to the water (south of the marsh) and added a chestnut-sided, redstart, red-eyed video, another
 black-throated green, another blackpoll and magnolia and ruby-crowned kinglet, many ckickadees.  Then found three warbler species near west harbor parking lot then I returned to the beach area but just south of the causeway near the beach but north end of the dried up marsh that has a secluded walk around area that now had a lot of activity from 4:20 to 5:30pm.  The lake was really windy but this area was good.  Had cape may warblers 2 or 3 (sometimes in the spruce type trees), Blackpolls 10, Nashville 1, redstart 1, yellow-rumped 2, northern parula 1, phoebes, merlin 1, white-throated sparrows, scarlet tanager female 1, indigo buntings, many flickers, brown thrasher and cedar waxwings. (Pictures of some when I get home).

I went to other parks in between away from the lake and could not find any warblers.

Nancy Anderson

Richmond Heights

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android