OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2015

From:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2015 21:07:35 -0400
The Red Knot seemed to disappear quickly.  A young couple from downstate
(Athens?) arrived and we saw only the Marbled Godwit (MAGO).  Later Ryan
Jacobs arrived.  We found only the MAGO and last seen to fly south toward
the field just south of the marina gravel parking lot at about 7:30 pm.
According to Ryan the water level has dropped due to all day pumping, so
habitat is decreasing unless there are more storms and rain.  No one found
the Whimbrel.  There were 2 Am. Golden Plover,  one Pectoral Sandpiper and
a Lesser Yellowlegs.  Ryan found one Semipalmated Plover.
Jay

Jay G Lehman Cincinnati, OH
Sent from DROID RAZR HD