OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2015

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2015 02:00:26 +0000
 It had been a week since I had been to villa angela/wildwood park (part of euclid creek reservation) on the east side of cleveland so I went today from 1pm to 5pm. with all the warblers seen in columbus thursday I was a little disappointed in my finds today as it wasn't overly birdy today it was late though. I identified three warblers and found three more only after it started to rain at 3:15pm, after it stopped raining they disappeared. I missed two species not seen well.  here are some of the birds seen and I spent most of my time in villa angela:  1 Bonaparte's gull, l juvenile black-crowned night-heron, 8 swainson's thrush, 1 young wood thrush, 1 red-eyed vireo, 2 warbling vireos, 3 house wrens, 1 carolina wren, 1 red-headed woodpecker on dead tree in wetland, 1 ruby-throated hummingbird in field, 1 young brown thrasher, many american robins, 8 northern flickers, 7 turkey vultures (5 on beach) warblers: 1 tennessee, 1 chestnut-sided, 1 wilson's, 1 northern parula, 1 american redstart, 2 magnolia and 1 common yellowthroat.
(the tennessee and northern parula were my first this season and I couldn't get pictures.  after the rain it was busier around the path leading into the woods west of the grassy knoll.  before the rain it was better near the entrance to the field north of library.
Nancy Anderson/Richmond Htshttps://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/