OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:25:11 -0400
We had a Baltimore Oriole last Saturday in Coshocton County.  It flew before
I could "get on it" with my binoculars, but another long-time and
well-respected birder first saw and identified it, pointing it out to the
rest of us.  Last I checked, our reviewer had not "accepted" the sighting in
eBird, but I don't know whether he's had a chance to look at it yet.  And,
there is occasionally a report of one on at least one Christmas Bird Count.
Three or four years ago, there was one on the Millersburg count, and last
year on the Chandlersville count.  So, although they may be pretty rare this
time of  year, it's certainly not unheard of.  Thanks for sharing.

Margaret Bowman
Licking Co., OH