OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2015 21:50:19 -0400
I went birding with Troy Shively today along with a few other brave souls.
We started off at dawn with Indian Lake and then progressed along the
shoreline till we got to the dam and then headed to private watering holes
and hotspots all around Logan County, ending up at Myeerah Nature
Preserve.  I then headed up to Lawrence Woods and birded a little there.
Not much special at Lawrence Woods...two Harriers, a Hairy Woodpecker came
out and said hi, but it is mostly quiet.

For individual lists, you can follow the links below.  My tally for the day
follows.:

46 Species found with the group.including a surprise Merlin...and a
dispatched Junco.  I had 54 species for the day.

Merlin list with a couple of pics..basic drive by birding at it's best.:

Myeerah Nature Preserve:
Plum Cemetery: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25639855
Indian Lake: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25639869
Other birds in Logan County came from a private location.
Lawrence Woods Prairie Path(Too windy, but I did get a few birds):
Lawrence Woods Boardwalk:
Otterbein Cemetery: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25643529

Happy birding, and God Bless
Steve J