OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

From:
Ken Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:46:06 -0400
I saw a fox sparrow this morning in a clearing in the woods while hiking the trails along Overlook Lane This clearing also had some catbirds, white-throated sparrows and two hermit thrushes. I am not sure why this particular clearing seems to have birds on a somewhat regular basis. I am guessing it has to do with the plants for food and shelter. Maybe it is the angle of the sun, too. But I try to visit it whenever I am in the area. The trails through the woods nearby are good areas for hooded warblers and thrushes in the summer. Here are coordinates for the clearing in case anyone is in the area:
41.37329134, -81.56674228