OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 9 Oct 2015 09:57:51 -0400630_UTF-8 I arrived 3:00 to 3:30 pm. Found the objective cover for my scope
jacket. Good diversity but no Western Sandpiper. Black-bellied Plover 1,
Stilt Sandpiper 5, Least Sandpiper 10, Semipalmated Sandpiper 1, Pectoral
Sandpiper 10, White-rumped Sandpiper 30, Long-billed Dowitcher 1 (heard
peep or keek call), 1 Wilson's Snipe, Lesser Yellowlegs 20, lots of
Killdeer. Birds were hard to count. Lots of movement and flying around.
At about 5:30 pm a Peregrine Falcon came in and flushed most of the birds
but some came back. Looked hard at the Semipalmated Sandpiper to assure
the ID and it was not a [...][log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:39:33 -0400
Nelson's somewhat farther south from the LĂȘ Conte's in similar habitat.