OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

From:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2015 04:09:37 -0700
While two of my family members and I were trolling for 'eye's, I spotted
some cool birds.
First about 200 yards in front of the Old Field Beach I saw about 30-40
very small duck like birds with short round bodies, short wings, agrayish
color, and all flew tight together. I have no clue what they were.
Also there were about 4-5 different species of gulls there. One that got me
the most was a gull with top that looked like a Ring Billed, but the
body-wingspan was about 10 inches bigger, and had a gray/black under wing.
A pair of (unknown) Terns were flying around in front of the Indian Head
roadhouse.
Red Shouldered Hawk at Moundwood canal, standing in grass, then flew with a
foot long green snake.
Also 2 Eagles, Pileated WP, some Tree Swallows oddly, and 1magnolia warbler.
been awhile 😅 - Dillon