OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

From:
Stefan Gleissberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Gleissberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2015 11:13:24 -0400
In 40 minutes around our house in Athens this morning, I found 27 species of birds.

My first-of-season Brown Creeper and other bark foragers: White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Downy Woodpecker, and a loudly calling Pileated Woodpecker being chased by a smaller songbird (maybe a Robin)!

Yellow-rumped and Black-throated Green Warblers. Blue-headed and Red-reyed Vireos. Golden-crowned and Ruby-crowned Kinglets. And two Eastern Wood-Pewees that eBird flagged.

Full list at:

Keep birding,
Stefan
==