OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2015

From:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:01:29 -0400
Doug and All,

At Big Island WA, go to the second impoundment on LaRue-Prospect Road. At
the west end of the second impoundment park in the gravel parking lot on
the south side of the road.  Walk across the road to the dike going north
and continue until you are about 2/3 of the distance to the woods at the
north end.  Look east in the second impoundment for some islands and
shallow water with exposed sticks, reed stalks and willows.  The islands
have exposed mud, and the small islands continue until one is close to the
north end of the dike.  Shorebirds are in the shallow water and on islands.

I believe these details have been mentioned before in my post on this list
about my first visit but not concentrated together as directions.
Jay

Jay G Lehman Cincinnati, OH
Sent from DROID RAZR HD
Can you give some direction as to where the best sites are?  The Odnr map
shows parking spots,but i have been out there several times and many places
seemed to be rather deep water.

Sent from my iPhone