OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2015

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2015 08:52:50 -0500
Hope to see you at this special monthly program.  Normally our programs are
on the 4th Tues but every Nov we move it to the 3rd Tues due to the holiday.

Our programs resume in January 26 with the OSU professor Chris Tonra, Ph.D.
presenting.

Columbus Audubon program committee

Audubon's Birds & Climate: The Threat, Our Response and What You Can Do

Tuesday, November 17, 2015  07:00pm - 09:00pm

Please join us as Lynsy Smithson-Stanley, Audubon's Deputy Director for
Climate and Strategic Initiatives, presents Audubon's Birds and Climate
Change Report: The Threat, Our Response and What You Can Do. Lynsy will
discuss Audubon science showing that climate change is the number one threat
to North American birds, provide an overview of Audubon's organizational
response, and highlight ways that you can help protect Ohio's birds from
this danger.

Lynsy came to Audubon in June 2014 to oversee national and state campaigns,
work with science and communications team to raise the visibility of
Audubon's climate research, and help activate Audubon's network around the
climate challenge. Her background is in journalism, where she covered health
and environmental issues and completed a master's degree in mass
communication research.

Tonight's Conservation Spotlight will feature Marnie Urso, Audubon's Senior
Program Manager in Ohio, who will provide a statewide climate initiative
update. You'll hear about the Ohio Climate Initiative and get a recap of the
recent Ohio Audubon Conservation Conference.

7:00 - 7:15 pm: Social time, light refreshments, announcements

7:15 - 7:30 pm: Conservation Corner

7:30 - 9:00 pm: Main program, door prizes

This Columbus Audubon programs is free and open to the public. Programs are
held at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center 505 West Whittier Street in the
Scioto-Audubon Metro Park on the Whittier Peninsula.