OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:33:35 -0500
For those considering the possible presence of a kelp gull at
Springfield Lake, here is a report from the Maryland occurrence of one
some years ago that gives some indications about the details that might
be acceptable.
I saw the MD bird in a leisurely fashion at a distance of ten yards for
a long time, but my description would have been inadequate compared to
those on which the MD folks made the determination. Please submit EVERY
detail of your observations, photographic and visual.
                http://www.mdbirds.org/mddcrc/pdf/kegudec.pdf
Bill Whan