OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 2015 13:52:29 +0000
 Sorry for the late post.  I was waiting for an eBird confirmation that I haven't received yet.  But not to worry, some birds never get posted on this Listserve only eBird and/or Facebook.  You would think seeing two Snowy Owls at Burke before Christmas might make it to the Listserve - but no.
I was at Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks yesterday (12/25) in Cleveland in the morning.  I was walking along the lake near the mobile home park (which is between Villa Angela and Euclid Beach as the mobile home park is in neither.  I first heard a loud sound like a cross between a kiss and a chirp from the pine tree.  I found a Pine Warbler in the tree.  I watched it for about eight minutes till it flew to the next pine tree briefly then it flew southwest towards the tall trees further into the Euclid Beach picnic area and beyond.  It was quite yellow.
Nancy Anderson,Richmond Heights,https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a