OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
Carl Winstead <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Winstead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 2015 19:08:39 -0500
I think Mike is right on this, and I was wrong. On further reading, the ratio of bill length to neck thickness is normal for Ross’s and too short for a hybrid, and the impression of a long bill was the main thing bothering me in the field. Mike’s photos also clearly show a round-headed, short-necked bird that looks right for Ross’s.

Carl Winstead
Galloway