OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 2015 10:13:12 -0500
***ATTENTION BRAMBLING BIRDERS***

We have received word that there is concern around so many people being at the residence in Medina, OH today (12-31-15). Here are some recommended steps to take in lieu of having the homeowners prevent anyone else from seeing the bird.

We are offering the following "suggestions" -
- Stay out of peoples yards. Yes, the three-5 feet on the road side of the ditch belong to the county - and everyone is ok with people standing there as long as they do not block the road.

- Stay *COMPLETELY* out of the driveway. Blocking a driveway is a legal/safety issue and the homeowners are requesting that no one stands in the driveway.

- Once you have seen/obtained ID photos of the bird - move on. Give someone else the chance to see the bird. There are plenty of record photos for the Records Committee - no need for additional shots. Take one for your personal records, and move along.

- Stay out of the road. Obstructing traffic in any way will shut this thing down. Again, legal/safety issues. There are also likely children and older folks out there that you may be putting at risk.

This is a great chance for the Ohio Birding Community to shine and demonstrate not only to the homeowners, but to all of the out-of-state-visitors, that we are a respectful, mature, professional community. We care about the birds AND the people.

Good luck, Bird On! (and then leave!) :)

On behalf of the homeowners, and the community,
Christopher Collins and Alex Eberts