OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
Phillip North <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phillip North <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 2015 18:59:42 -0500
For all you NW Ohio and Southern Michigan birders. Tammy and I went looking for the Lenawee Snowy today.  Did not find it at the previously reported Fike road site.  It  was somewhat north and west.  It was located just south of Highway 223 just east of Lipp Rd.  This is east of Blissfield Mchigan.  See ebird report:

This was a large mostly white Snowy with little barring that we could see.  Pictures are attached to he ebird report.

Highway 223 is  BUSY highway.  There is a pull off on the south side of the highway into a field about 200 yards west of the bird.  You will need a scope from that site.  Please be careful if you go looking for this lovely bird