OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:41:52 +0000

A dickcissel and harlequin duck were found at Lake Erie Bluffs in Lake County this morning.  The immature male dickcissel was hanging with three white-throated sparrows and a group of cardinals.  It was at the south end of the connector trail off the Bluffs Trail west of Lane Road.  It was in a grove of young black cherry trees.

The harlequin duck, an immature male was seen flying very close to shore at the overlook in the northwest corner of the Bluffs Trail.  It was flying east while everything else was heading west today.  My feelings are it may be hanging out in this general area.

Also of note were two gray catbirds, one near the raised platform and the other at the west end in the large sumac trees.  There were also three common redpolls flying over.

John Pogacnik