OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2015

From:
Bill Thompson III <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Thompson III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:49:58 -0500
The Western Flycatcher was re-found today just after 11 am on our farm in Washington County, OH. For those folks planning to come here to try for it, be forewarned, your GPS may lead you on a weird, backroad route (with ambient banjo music). The best way to get to our farm is to come south (or north) on I-77 to Exit 6. Get on SR821 and go north 5.1 miles to Dalzell Road. Go RIGHT on Dalzell Road and travel 5.2 miles to Scotts Ridge Road. Go along Scotts Ridge Road 0.3 mile until you come to our driveway on the right. I've placed an OOS sign there with an arrow pointing up our drive. Please park past our drive, off to the side of Scotts Ridge Road, and walk up our long, (slightly muddy) gravel drive. Folks with mobility problems can be driven up the driveway and dropped off, but anyone able to walk 200 yards should park out on the road. The reason for this is where the bird is being seen—around our garage at the end of the drive. Having constant car traffic up to the house with the accompanying door slamming, etc. might disturb the bird. Please no playback or loud pishing, no woods-tromping along our north border (where the bird hangs out), no close approach of the bird, and no laser pointers. Again, we're trying to keep this creature with us as long as it wants to be. Thanks for your cooperation! If you come, please sign the guest log book. And feel free to wander around the many paths and field edges on our 80-acres. Good luck!