OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2016

From:
Spencer Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Spencer Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2016 08:30:41 -0500
My daughter Molly and I saw two white geese at Avon Lake Power Plant in Lorain County yesterday. I was comfortable eliminating Ross's Goose, but the field marks were not quite matching up to Snow Goose. I emailed the photos to Tom and Jen. They both quickly eliminated Snow and Ross's.  Bummer.  The suggestion they offered were Canada/Domestic Hybrid or leucistic Canada Goose.  If you'd like to see the photos, let me know and I'll email them to you. The photos have good close up view of the bill as well as a Canada Goose in the frame for size comparison.  Any thoughts are appreciated!!  Thanks in advance.

Spencer A Ryan, JD, RPLU, CIC
Attorney and Insurance Agent
President
Ryan-St. Marie Insurance Agency